Pages

Monday 27 December 2010

Happy Crafty New Year

The new year is approaching fast and I for one am looking forward to it. Not that 2010 didn't live up to expectations, it was a great year. The Historic Crafts blog was started in January and the Grey Duckling blog soon followed in May. But I have so many more ideas that I want to try out in 2011 and I can't wait to get started.


One of them is hosting a couple of giveaways and spreading the crafty fun all around. I have already made a start with the New Years giveaway over on Grey duckling where you can receive this bobbin lace brooch that I made if you comment on the post. In the new year there will be more giveaways both on Grey Duckling and here on Historic Crafts. So keep posted!


Knitted star - copyright Cecile

I have another little festive gift that I want to share with you all this holiday season. Cecile, who writes for us here on Historic Crafts once in a while, has been knitting quite a few Christmas decorations. But she couldn't find a pattern to make a star so she made one up herself. The stars are truely beautiful and I would encourage everyone to have a go at making them. I know Christmas is over now but in my book stars are also good decorations for New Year. Or you can always put the pattern in your Ravelry queue and make it next year.

The pattern itself
Pattern on Ravelry

All there is left to say now is; Have a Happy Crafty New Year and see you all in 2011.
Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by - I would love to hear your thoughts on this post :-)